Before Togg hits the road, it has successfully passed 41 technical tests and controls such as battery and vehicle safety tests of electric vehicles, electromagnetic compatibility tests, vehicle range, braking, front and side collision, pedestrian protection and maneuvering.
According to the statement made by the Ministry of Industry and Technology, dozens of tests were carried out to enable the Togg, whose first delivery was made to President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and his wife Emine Erdoğan, to traffic.
Before Togg hit the roads, it successfully passed 41 technical tests and controls such as battery and vehicle safety tests of electric vehicles, electromagnetic compatibility tests, vehicle range, braking, front and side collision, pedestrian protection and maneuvering.
Passed the “electric vehicle safety test” in one go
Completing all the tests within the scope of the harmonized European Union automotive legislation, Togg achieved an important success by passing the “electric vehicle safety test”, one of the most important tests of electric vehicles, in one go.
TSE, Turkey’s national conformity assessment and standard preparation organization, performed the domestic tests of Togg with the authorization of the Ministry of Industry and Technology, and also participated in international tests.
TSE has also completed the Vehicle Type Approval Certification process with the conformity checks of Togg’s production. President Erdoğan handed over the first document that a car produced from scratch in Turkey could receive.
“It will compete very comfortably with its competitors in the market”
Industry and Technology Minister Mustafa Varank, whose views are included in the statement, said, “Togg is more than a car, it will compete with its competitors in the market very comfortably. There is no noise, it does not harm the environment, it is strong, very comfortable, but also technological.” made its assessment.
Some of the tests that Togg has successfully passed for mass production and traffic are as follows:
– The noise test emitted by the vehicle
– Noise emitted by electric vehicle
– Range test
– Rear protection test against driving under the vehicle from behind
– Tests on vehicle entry
– Tests on door locks
– Horn noise test
– Field of view test of rear view mirrors
– Brake tests
– Brake Support Systems tests
– ESC (Electronic Stability System) tests
– Tests of the emergency lane keeping system
– Electromagnetic Compatibility tests
– Control tests of the safety of the interior equipment against the driver and passenger
– Tests on unauthorized tampering measures
– Control of external protrusions
– Vehicle entry and maneuvering test
– Control of speedometer
– Seats and seat belt pull tests
– Testing of seat belt and ISOFIX anchorage systems, child seat anchorage systems
– Controls for the installation of lighting devices
– Tests on the towing equipment of the vehicle
– Front sight control
– Color and shape control of warnings and symbols in the vehicle driver instrument panel
– Test of windshield defrosting and defrosting systems
– Test of the windshield washer system
– Test of the heating system
– Mass and size measurements
– Controls for the installation of windows
– Checks for fitting tires
– Tests of the tire pressure monitoring system
– Forward crash tests
– Side impact tests
– Pedestrian protection tests
– Checks on recyclability
– Tests on the electrical safety of the vehicle
– Function tests of the emergency call system (eCall)
– Tests on awareness of other road users approaching from behind the vehicle
– Driver inattention and attention warning system tests